Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Whole New World

In the last month, the Universe transported me from my comfortable, well-known world of K-12 education into the greener pastures of graduate medical education. New systems, new culture, new terms, new people! new to me, anyway. Exciting, exhilarating, occasionally overwhelming - yet I hope to add value to this enterprise with my knowledge of curriculum, instruction, assessment, professional development and organizational change.

First tasks include developing/enhancing curricula goals & objectives, working on new programs in hospice/palliative care ,sports medicine and group visits in OB, supporting teaching in the clinical skills arena and faculty development. This blog may serve as a place to explore the work of Parker Palmer with the faculty...

Meanwhile I also want to continue to find ways to infuse Web 2.0 tools into learning and teaching -- see my doodling with Wordle in the sidebar!

Thanks as ever for listening...

No comments: